This June we unveiled a fresh new look at the international exhibition World of Coffee in Dublin. Visitors to our stand were fully immersed in a sensory journey, sampling delicious handcrafted drinks, created by our team of expert baristas. We showcased our wide range of products, including some new seasonal flavours, with the help of our recently appointed team of regional brand ambassadors, Paul Miekle-Janney (UK), Kaveh Azizian (Sweden), Eric Wolf (Germany) and Levi Anderson (USA).
We were also proud Gold Sponsors of the World Barista Championship for the sixteenth consecutive year. The annual competition promotes excellence in coffee, with baristas from over 50 countries battling it out and showcasing their creativity, technical ability, and overall presentation skills.
To celebrate the global coffee event taking part in Dublin, we launched a competition for one lucky winner, to win a VIP trip to World of Coffee. The prize included flights, 3-night bed and breakfast and VIP treatment, including admission to each day of the event, access to the World Barista Championships and a chance to celebrate with the winners at the official WBC after party. To enter they had to ‘Inspire us by Flavour’ and submit their very own drink recipe featuring a DaVinci Gourmet product.
We were delighted to select Barista Wolfgang Klein from Frankfurt, Germany as our winner who created his bespoke ‘Oscar One’ cocktail using DaVinci Gourmet Hazlenut and Amaretto syrups.
He told us; “I loved the experience at World of Coffee – I felt like I was part of the coffee community family, meeting up with old acquaintances and creating new contacts. The atmosphere at the championships was so euphoric! The DaVinci Gourmet stand was fantastic, the baristas have so much passion, they talked me through the composition and preparation of the various speciality beverages on offer. I had a fantastic trip, and came away with a wealth of inspiration and new ideas to utilise the products, to take home and grow my coffee shop business. Everyone who is involved or interested in coffee would be crazy to miss it!”
Click here to find out more about World of Coffee or to have a go at making your own Oscar One cocktail with Wolfgang’s recipe below.
Let us inspire you with flavour and join the conversation on our social channels by sharing your own creations:
Winning recipe by Wolfgang Klein – Oscar # one
– Liquid cream
– DaVinci Gourmet Hazelnut syrup
– 70 ml cappucino-milk-cream from fresh unskimmed milk
– 1 shot (8 ml) DaVinci Gourmet Chocolate sauce
– 2 shot (16 ml) DaVinci Gourmet Amaretto syrup
– 1 shot Double Espresso
– 1 small Italian biscuit
– Cream dispenser
– Shot jug
– Put the liquid cream and DaVinci Gourmet Syrup Hazelnut into the cream dispenser at a ratio of 10:1, then let it chill
– Foam the fresh whole milk
– Fill 70 ml of the cappuccino-milk-cream in the middle of the glass
– Add slowly 1 shot of DaVinci Gourmet Chocolate sauce
– Add slowly 2 shots of DaVinci Gourmet Amaretto syrup
– Put the double espresso (50 ml) into the shot jug and pour slowly in the middle of the glass
– Take the cream dispenser and put 5 pumps of the DaVinci Gourmet Hazelnut syrup cream on top of the glass
– Finally garnish in the center of the glass with a small Italian biscuit