Tips and Tricks
Tips from Lani – Barista to Barista
- When using syrup and sauce, always add syrup before sauce to ensure it doesn’t stick to the cup.
- When making iced espresso drinks with DaVinci Gourmet syrups, combine the milk and the espresso then add ice to ensure the ice doesn’t melt.
- Mix the DaVinci Gourmet syrup and sauces with the espresso before adding the milk to ensure even distribution.
- Add any DaVinci Gourmt syrup to a whipped cream dispenser to create a signature whipped drink.
- Combine multiple DaVinci Gourmet flavours to create a signature drink, which is unique to your venue (ensuring flavours compliment each other i.e. Vanilla and Cinnamon for a spiced latte).
- Ensure pump is installed slowly to avoid any spillages. Release the top of the pump to allow the syrup to be extracted up the tube.
- Use DVG syrups to create both hot and cold beverages.
- Put DaVinci Gourmet sauces in drizzle pots to decorate your drinks more easily.
- Always put DaVinci syrups and sauces into the cup first.
- Where possible use DaVinci Gourmet sauces with premium coffee to create the ultimate speciality beverage.